Top 7 Things Men Want From Their Wives
Every man wants certain things from his wife. Keep in mind that wants are different than needs. In marriage, basic needs are the need to love and be loved in return, the need to belong, the need for a worthy self-image and the need for a little space and autonomy.
Wants would be additional things people desire. If you not only take care of your partner’s needs but also their wants, this will help make your marriage more beautiful and comfortable.
Here is what men often want:
- Someone to Believe in His Capabilities – Man, by nature, is a provider and protector; it is a part of their mental make-up. Therefore he seeks a wife who will believe in his capabilities, talents, skills and decisions and support him through thick and thin. No man wants his wife to think of him as a loser and thus incapable of leading the family..
- Understanding – Sometimes you just have to be a little understanding and not so demanding. Be patient with your husband. You really need to show him you want to understand him. This can be achieved by talking to him and helping him open up to talk to you.
- Compliments - An occasional pat on the back does wonders for someone who is trying to achieve something. It is very encouraging to tell your husband he is working hard, or he is a wonderful father, or a caring husband.
- Acceptance - Love is all about accepting your spouse as they are without wanting to change them. You cannot make a marriage successful when you don’t accept a person’s sense of self or individuality. Making your husband give up a habit is one thing but changing him as a person is impossible.
- Someone to Understand His Moods -Men talk much less than women. Sometimes your husband may not be in the mood to talk or even listen to you. If you attempt to communicate with him at such a time, he may get even more annoyed or go into his shell. Sometimes men just need to be left alone so they can mentally sort things out.
- Respect - Respect him and listen to what he wants to say. While it is possible you may not agree with everything he says, there are subtle and polite ways of telling him you don’t agree instead of just rolling your eyes or telling him he is crazy.
- Romance - Even men like to be romanced. Yes they like flowers and poetry. It would just take a few minutes to let him know that you love him and make him feel special.
Everything in a marriage is always mutual. Taking care of each other’s wants AND needs is all it takes to make a marriage successful.